Patsy Cline’s “Walking After Midnight” (get some eggnog streaming through your veins at Christmas, crank this song, and see if you and your mother-in-law don’t start dancin’)
- My wife
- Good foreign films like Chocolat and The gods must be crazy
- A well-constructed sentence
- My mother-in-law’s grandchildren
- Good coffee
- Jesus Christ
- Third Day
- Making a difference in the public education system
What do you and your mother-in-law enjoy?
[comments imported from Radio blog]
Cool post, Greg. I’m blessed with wonderful in-laws (and there is no chance they’ll even read this).
* My wife & daughter * Eclair cake (hers is the BEST) * Laughter * Games with the whole family * Singing * Also making a difference in public education–She just retired from teaching special ed. I am from a family of three generations of teachers, principals and superintendents. * Jesus–I thank the Lord for her example of faith and godly parenting.
James • 8/12/04; 7:21:06 AM #
Olympic Games Athens 2004Olympic opening ceremony to kick off Athens Games. “The Olympics are returning to their birthplace, putting a new twist on old traditions for the extravagant opening ceremony: The last will be first. The first will be last. And they’ll all be Greeks. Greece, as host of the inaugural… [Athens Olympic Games Blog]10:30:20 PM
Myths and Olympic Games in AthensOlympic organizers, church at odds on mythology’s role at games. “First out will be the drummers, playing to the rhythm of a beating heart. Then a meteorite will streak across the night sky. Later, a centaur will gallop to center stage with a javelin, followed by the ancient Greek demigod… [Athens Olympic Games Blog]
An education is…Anatole France. “An education isn’t how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It’s being able to differentiate between what you do know and what you don’t.” [Quotes of the Day]